The Cable Center Names Cable Hall of Fame Class of 2014
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 19, 2013
DENVER – The Cable Center today announced the members of its Cable Hall of Fame Class of 2014. The six newly elected industry leaders will be inducted during the annual Cable Hall of Fame Celebration, held in conjunction with The Cable Show 2014, April 29 – May 1, 2014, in Los Angeles, CA.
The new honorees are:
- Christiane Amanpour, Chief International Correspondent and Anchor, CNN
- Alex Best, Executive Vice President, Engineering, Cox Communications, Inc.
- Fred Dressler, Executive Vice President, Programming, Time Warner Cable (deceased)
- Jerald L. Kent, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Suddenlink Communications
- Daniel L. Ritchie, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The Denver Center for the Performing Arts
- David Van Valkenburg, Former Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operations Officer, TeleWest PLC (UK)
Each honoree was chosen based on their dedication and contributions to the cable industry. The 2014 Cable Hall of Fame selection committee was chaired by Glenn Britt, Chairman and CEO of Time Warner Cable and a member of The Cable Center’s Honorary Board of Directors. Since 1998, 108 men and women have been inducted into the Cable Hall of Fame.
“We are honored to welcome these six individuals into the Cable Hall of Fame,” said Britt. “They truly represent the best of the cable industry and their hard work has been essential to its growth and the impact it has had on the lives of its customers.”
“Our heartfelt congratulations go to the Cable Hall of Fame Class of 2014,” said Larry Satkowiak, President and CEO of The Cable Center. “Their innovative ideas and commitment to our industry have been an inspiration to us all, and we are excited to honor them at the 2014 Cable Hall of Fame Celebration during The Cable Show.”
The 17th annual Cable Hall of Fame Celebration will be held on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 at JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE. For more information on the Cable Hall of Fame celebration, visit www.cablehalloffame.com, or call 720-502-7500.
About The Cable Center
Based in Denver, Colorado, The Cable Center is a nonprofit organization serving the cable telecommunications industry. The Cable Center is the home of the Cable Hall of Fame, recognizing individuals for their outstanding contributions to the industry, and of the Barco Library, the world’s largest collection of cable-related information and resources. Please visit www.cablecenter.org for more information.
For more information, contact: