FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
THE CABLE CENTER NAMES 2019
CABLE HALL OF FAME HONORARY COMMITTEE
DENVER, March 27, 2019 – The Cable Center announced today the members of its 2019 Cable Hall of Fame Honorary Committee. The committee members serve as the official ambassadors for the Cable Hall of Fame celebration, and is chaired by Michael Willner, president and CEO, Penthera Partners, Inc. The 22nd annual Cable Hall of Fame will be held May 2, 2019, at the Ziegfeld Ballroom in New York City.
The members of the 2019 Cable Hall of Fame Honorary Committee are:
- Michael Willner, chair, president & CEO, Penthera Partners, Inc.
- Mike Fries, international chair, CEO & vice chairman, Liberty Global
- Decker Anstrom, board of directors, Discovery Communications
- Bridget Baker, founder and CEO, Baker Media Inc.
- Ann Carlsen, founder and CEO, Carlsen Resources Inc.
- Italia Commisso Weinand, EVP, programming & human resources, Mediacom Communications Corp.
- Jeff DeMond, CEO, Vyve Broadband
- Frank M. Drendel, chairman, CommScope, Inc.
- Brian Lamb, executive chairman, C-SPAN
- David Levy, president, Turner
- Rob Marcus, former chairman & CEO, Time Warner Cable
- Paul Maxwell, Media-Max Advisors
- Pat McAdaragh, president & CEO, Midco
- Balan Nair, CEO, Liberty Latin America
- Tony Werner, president of technology, product, Xperience, Comcast Cable
“Our Cable Hall of Fame Honorary Committee is comprised of some of the most respected leaders in the industry, and it is an honor to work with such an esteemed group. We are deeply appreciative of their dedication and support,” said Jana Henthorn, president and CEO, The Cable Center. “The Cable Hall of Fame festivities are less than two months away, and we are thrilled for our 2019 honorees!”
The 22nd annual Cable Hall of Fame is sponsored by Carlsen Resources; CommScope, Inc.; Anna and John J. Sie Foundation; Charter Communications; Shaw Communications; ARRIS; Discovery, Inc.; Cablefax; Multichannel News; FierceVideo; Cynopsis; Light Reading; and Vision Graphics.
For more information about the celebration and to secure sponsorships, visit www.cablehalloffame.com, or call 720-502-7513.
About The Cable Center
The Cable Center is an educational nonprofit organization serving the media and telecommunications industry. We tell the story of the cable industry, highlighting for the global community the significant contributions made to technology, society, and culture. We connect people and ideas to advance innovation. Based in Denver, Colorado, The Cable Center is the home of the Cable Hall of Fame, recognizing individuals for their outstanding contributions to the industry; the Barco Library, the world’s largest collection of cable-related information and resources; as well as the Community of Innovators with a focus on intrapreneurship. Visit us at www.cablecenter.org, www.twitter.com/TheCableCenter, and www.facebook.com/TheCableCenter for more information.
About The Cable Hall of Fame Celebration
The industry's best networking event, the Cable Hall of Fame honors those in media who have made a lasting contribution to the advancement of the industry. The official Cable Hall of Fame hashtag is #CableHOF and event Twitter handle is @CableHOF. For more information, visit www.cablehalloffame.com or call 720-502-7513.