Highlights from C5 Spring 2020
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the C5 Spring 2020 was held as a video conference, April 22-23, 2020.
The event was proudly supported by our Gold Partner, ASAPP (represented by Chris Arnold, VP, Contact Center Strategy, Theresa Bui, and Paul Kizakevich, Chief Revenue Officer) and Silver Partner CallMiner (represented by Brian LaRoche, Director, Outreach Marketing, and Todd Barber, VP North America Enterprise Accounts).
We’re grateful for the input and support from The Cable Center (Jana Henthorn, President & CEO, and Diane Christman, SVP and Chief Programs Officer) and our C5 Executive Chairs (Eric Burton, Comcast, Jon Coscia, Mediacom, Suzanne Foy, Cox, Kimberly Gibson, Sparklight, and Simón Tadeo, Telecom AR), as well as all participants who helped make our first virtual conference such a great success.
Over the two days, attendance peaked at forty one delegates, with C5 members from thirteen MSOs (Blue Ridge, Charter/Spectrum, Claro, Comcast, Cox, GCI, Liberty Global, MCTV, Mediacom, Midco, Sparklight (formerly Cable ONE), Rogers, Telecom Argentina) and three industry associations (CableLabs, CTAM, NCTA), as well as representatives from C5 Partners, ASAPP (Gold) and CallMiner (Silver) and research partner, Asurion.
C5 Fall 2020 Video Conference highlights included:
An update on the C5-Asurion digital channel research. Due to the much-condensed format of our spring conference, the results of the consumer panel research conducted by Asurion was offered as a separate webinar. Julie Roberts, Sr. Director, Market Research, and Rodney Schlosser, SVP, Business Development, both of Asurion, gave a teaser pitch on key highlights of the findings and briefed members on how these insights can help guide future digital strategy and development.
CX solutions from our C5 Partners about how their respective companies have been helping their clients during the COVID-19 crisis, along with “where to from here” resources for C5 members. Brief presentations were provided by Chris Arnold of ASAPP, and Brian LaRoche, of CallMiner.
“Egg-Timer” presentations from eleven MSOs that focused on practices and policies in response to COVID-19 to support subscribers while maintaining the health and well-being of employees. Presentations were provided by:
- Ted Hodgins, Sr. Director, Customer Experience, CXAO of Comcast
- Jon Loshbaugh, Director Digital Service & Customer Experience of Charter
- Maureen Moore, Chief Customer Experience Officer of GCI
- Cory Limberg, VP, Customer Experience, and Joseph Rysavy, Director of CX Strategy of Midco
- Katherine Gessner, President, MCTV
- Nicole Wininger, Director, Customer Care, and John Del Viscio, Director, Operations, Blue Ridge
- Andrés Piderit, VP, ML, Robotics, & Back Office, and Rob Paradis, VP Field Operations, Rogers
- Suzanne Foy, Exec. Director, Customer Care, Cox, plus additional resources
- Jon Coscia, Group VP, Customer Operations, Mediacom
- Simón Tadeo, Customer Experience Director, Telecom AR
- Rodrigo Duclos, Chief Digital Officer, Claro Brasil, and
- Ray Lei, Chief Technology Officer, Shenzhen Topway
Association Members Update delivered an important snapshot of how COVID-19 has been affecting the cable industry from marketing-, legislative-, and technology-based perspectives. Presentations were provided by:
- Mark Snow, SVP, Consumer Marketing & Insights, CTAM
- Rob Stoddard, SVP, Industry & Association Affairs, NCTA, and
- Mickie Calkins Director, Strategic Relationships, CableLabs