Welcome to C5 Fall 2019
Plan now to attend C5 Fall 2019—right here in Denver, at The Cable Center, November 13 & 14. Can it be that time already? Seems like we were just enjoying the hospitality of Maureen Moore and the staff at GCI in Anchorage, AK.
The Senior Fellows have been busy planning another productive and fun event.
- Keynote presentations from Tim Donnally, Senior Account Director & Team Lead, of Forrester Research and a guest speaker (TBA) from IBM.
- Fireside Chat with Betzalel Kenigsztein, SVP, Chief Operating Officer, Liberty Latin America, moderated by Jon Coscia, Group VP, Customer Operations, Mediacom
- CX solutions shared by Gustavo Sapoznik, CEO, of Gold Partner, ASAPP, Brian LaRoche, Director, Outreach Marketing, of Silver Partner, CallMiner, and Tom Tseki, VP, Sales North America, of Silver Partner, TechSee
- Insights from our MSOs during our now-famous “Egg-Timer” session, Co-Chaired by Suzanne Foy, Exec. Director, Customer Care, Cox Communications and Rodrigo Duclos, Chief Digital Officer, Net Serviços/Claro Brasil
- “Spotlight on…” session, featuring Mark Snow, SVP & GM, Consumer Marketing & Insights, CTAM, and an update on the work undertaken by CTAM on consumer perceptions and positioning of the cable industry
- Industry association updates, featuring our three association members by Mickie Calkins, Director, Strategic Partnerships, CableLabs and Wyatt Barnett, Senior Director, Industry & Association Affairs, NCTA, and
- Metrics update with a summary and “where to from here” for our call center metrics study, plus further exploration of a study on benchmarks of digital KPIs.
But, at the Fall Conference, there will be some firsts, including:
- New Gold Partner
We are pleased to announce that ASAPP will be joining us for the first time—as a Gold Partner. ASAPP offers AI-native products that deliver automation and work simplification to solve some of the world’s largest and most complex problems. If you are unfamiliar with ASAPP, check out their website (www.asapp.com) and be prepared to hear more about the transformational outcomes for our industry through AI.
- New Silver Partner
TechSee also joins C5 for the first time—as a Silver Partner. TechSee optimizes customer service with innovative AI & AR visual engagement. TechSee has started working with Andrés Pidert to enhance the experience for subscribers at Rogers Communications (Canada) through AR remote assistance. Check out their website (www.techsee.me) and be prepared to hear more about the work TechSee is doing with Rogers and others, while reducing support costs.
- New Exhibitor Partners
We’re also excited to bring to C5 members the latest, cutting-edge CX innovations at our inaugural C5 Mini Exhibit. A big thanks to the support from our three Exhibitor Partners (and counting): Adrenaline Technologies, Blue Prism, and DeviceBits. The Mini Exhibit seizes center stage throughout our two-day conference, taking place in the Great Hall, at The Cable Center. With all breaks and meal functions held in the Great Hall, everyone has ample time meet the exhibitor representatives and explore the various CX solutions they offer. The Mini Exhibit Expo session features brief presentations from:
- Conference Highlights
We’ll provide commentary on the latest CX strategies and new technological developments that have been demonstrated at conferences across the globe. We’ll present brief summary reports on relevant insights from:
- ANGA 2019
- IBC 2019
- SCTE 2019
- INCITE’s Customer Service and Customer Experience Conference
- CallMiner’s LISTEN2019 Conference.
New C5 Leadership Structure
Further to our C5 goal of providing more diversity and leadership opportunities, we expanded the C5 Leadership Team from three Co-Chairs to five Executive Chairs (ECs). As before, each EC serves a three-year (renewable) appointment and will assist in the governance and strategic direction of C5.
We’re pleased to extend a welcome—and thanks—to two new C5 Executive Chairs—Jon Coscia and Kimberly Gibson. Thanks also to our other newest EC-Elect, Suzanne Foy, who took over the reins from Scott Wise earlier this year. Our four ECs-Elect—Simón, Suzanne, Jon, and Kimberly—officially join the Executive Chairs on January 1, 2020.
How about this for planning ahead? Our C5 Spring 2020 Conference will be hosted by Sparklight (formerly Cable ONE) (way to go, Kimberly) in Phoenix, April 22-23. So, mark your calendars. We’ll miss spring training in Arizona but bring your baseball glove for a new C5 contest we have planned. And, thinking of the generous hosting by Kimberly and Sparklight, see if you know the answer to this: Since 2008, how many C5 meetings have been hosted by member companies (some companies have hosted more than once)? First person to answer correctly will receive a prize.
Looking forward to a big turnout at The Cable Center (Denver, CO) for C5 Fall 2019.
Cox Chair of CX, Senior Fellow, and C5 Lead